Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Election Results

  1. #31
    Inactive Member ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2001
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Bath County isn't necessarily SWVA, it's more rural than Alexandria where McDonnell comes from...who was born in Philly I think. Deeds would be better for this area IMO that McDonnell being as far away in the state as possible pretty much.




    You're living in a fantasy world, I don't see a Republican being elected anytime soon, and there's no way in hell they do come 2012. I'll bet my account on it.

    Voters are fickle, and some who voted for Obama would switch their vote if they could only two months after he took office. That's just how it is. I expect a Republican, or maybe even an independent, to be elected next time.
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by ut1 View Post
    Voters are fickle, and some who voted for Obama would switch their vote if they could only two months after he took office. That's just how it is. I expect a Republican, or maybe even an independent, to be elected next time.
    Honestly, I don't think you'll see a Republican as President for quite a while..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #33
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Honestly, I don't think you'll see a Republican as President for quite a while..
    My guess is maybe not 2012 (unless things go real bad for Obama the next 2 years), but probably 2016. A majority of independents grow old and tired of one regime being in power and not liking something about their policies and flopping to the other side.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #34
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    My guess is maybe not 2012 (unless things go real bad for Obama the next 2 years), but probably 2016. A majority of independents grow old and tired of one regime being in power and not liking something about their policies and flopping to the other side.
    If the economy is roaring, and the Dems get some things done as far as reform goes...and it pans out, I don't think you'll see one in 2016...ESPECIALLY if the Dems run Mark Warner.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #35
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    Thats true, and Mark Warner would be right now by far their best choice. If they try to do the common theme of trotting out the outgoing VP, its hard to tell what would happen.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #36
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    Mark Warner is one of the FEW politicians who actually knows the difference between shiz and shinola...he worked wonders as our Governor cleaning up Gilmour's mess and is performing well as a Senator. I think he'd make a fine President....and the thing here is, many conservatives I know agree. Most of them base their opinion of him on his perfromance as our governor as well..
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #37
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    I cant disagree with that at all. He also generally runs very solid campaigns with minimal mud slinging. I would be fine with him being a future president of this country.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #38
    Inactive Member ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2001
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    Mark Warner is one of the FEW politicians who actually knows the difference between shiz and shinola...he worked wonders as our Governor cleaning up Gilmour's mess and is performing well as a Senator. I think he'd make a fine President....and the thing here is, many conservatives I know agree. Most of them base their opinion of him on his perfromance as our governor as well..
    He would get my vote in a heartbeat, provided between now and then he doesn't fall into the "politics as usual" mudhole.
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Election Results

    Two things, Kaine's father-in-law is Linwood Holton, a republican and former governor who is from BSG. He was a governor who truly did look after his area.

    The next thing is, although Boucher has brought industry and jobs to southwest virginia, how many of those jobs stayed? Not many. He has continually failed to bring in lasting jobs, with the exeption of the power plant and the prisons. He is not supporting the coal industry now, an industry that got him elected and kept him in office all these years.

    Whether our congressman is democrat, republican, or independent, I do agree that southwest virginia's future with the job market and prosperity depends on a strong voice in Washington. Boucher seems to have lost that voice in recent years.

    A governor has to focus on the good of the "whole" state, whereas, a congressman's first and foremost loyalty has to lie with the district he represents. I truly think Boucher has lost sight of that goal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •